Lay's Flavor Icons Kettle Cooked New York Style Pizza
Taste test: These potato chips were based on a pizza place near the Brooklyn Bridge where I ate a few slices once, years ago. I've eaten a lot of pizza and don't remember anything specific about that one, so it didn't make any huge impression on me.
The chips had lots of small bubbles embedded inside them and a strong orange color, plus a smattering of large green bits. I crunched in to find a strong crunch and a lot of tomato and cheese flavor, with some spices in there too. It was kind of like pizza, though not a dead ringer by any means (much the same result as the Toronto Pizza and Chicago Pizza flavors from Lay's). Not a standout flavor, but they were tasty chips.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Pretty mild, like some pizza spices and maybe a bit of tomato, but not really that much like a pizza.
From the package: “Inspired by the dish that made Grimaldi's an icon in The Big Apple, here's a taste of their classic New York-style pizza.”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (225 snacks)
- Potato Chips (1997 snacks)
- Limited Editions (409 snacks)
- Pizza Chips (70 snacks)
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Snyder's of Hanover Rounds Butter Flavored
- Clancy's Roasted Sweet Corn Popcorn
- StarKist Bold Creations Microwavables Tuna Spicy Rice & Beans
- Milka Daim
- Clancy's White Cheddar Cheese Popcorn
- Non Stop Munchies Spices Treat Potato Chips
- Sara Lee For Me! Cinnamon Crumb Cake
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road