Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
Taste test: This flavor joins Carnitas Street Taco, New York Pizza, Philly Cheesesteak and Nashville Hot Chicken in the Flavor Icons line, promising to deliver Cocina Azul of Albuquerque's version of the Mexican dish. (I've eaten Chile Relleno and even been to Albuquerque, but not to that restaurant.)
The chips had curvy shapes with lots of bubbles and some folded-over pieces, with a strong yellow color plus some large green bits scattered over the surfaces. I crunched in to find a crisp feel and a very unexpected flavor — the closest common flavor would be sour cream and onion. It seemed like buttermilk rather than sour cream, and the onion was less zesty than the stuff in Lay's Sour Cream & Onion, but it was still a good taste. As for the expected chili peppers and tasty cheeses, I have no idea what they were thinking in formulating it the way that they did.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild, creamy.
From the package: “Inspired by the dish from Cocina Azul is creating buzz all over Albuquerque, here's a taste of their Chile Relleno.”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (225 snacks)
- Potato Chips (1997 snacks)
- Limited Editions (409 snacks)
- Cheese (314 snacks)
- Chili Chips (225 snacks)
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Snyder's of Hanover Rounds Butter Flavored
- Clancy's Roasted Sweet Corn Popcorn
- StarKist Bold Creations Microwavables Tuna Spicy Rice & Beans
- Milka Daim
- Clancy's White Cheddar Cheese Popcorn
- Non Stop Munchies Spices Treat Potato Chips
- Sara Lee For Me! Cinnamon Crumb Cake
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road