Lay's Flamin' Hot Dill Pickle Remix
Taste test: We've reviewed lots of hot pepper chips as well as a whole bunch of pickle-flavored ones, but ones that combine both flavors are pretty rare — and usually confined to Chicago-area potato chip brands such as Jays. Now Lay's has brought the idea national.
The chips had somewhat wiggly shapes, with an orange glow generally, plus a light smattering of darker seasoning bits. Nothing green about them.
We crunched in to find a great crisp crunch, with a strong hit of dill pickle to start, then an even stronger kick of the Flamin' Hot stuff, which grew even hotter in the ensuing seconds. This and two other Lay's flavors are part of a music-related promotion, and I didn't pay much attention to the details of that, but they're calling the promotion "Turn Up the Flavor." In this case at least, Lay's certainly delivered on the name. This one might be the strongest flavor of Lay's ever.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Wow, lots of intense pickle! Couldn't really notice the Flamin' Hot aspect.
From the package: “turn up the flavor™” ... “Experience flavor and music in perfect harmony.”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (231 snacks)
- All Flamin' Hot (38 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2020 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1064 snacks)
- Pickle Chips (70 snacks)
- Dill Chips (61 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2019
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road