Lay's Flamin' Hot Dill Pickle Remix
Taste test: We've reviewed lots of hot pepper chips as well as a whole bunch of pickle-flavored ones, but ones that combine both flavors are pretty rare — and usually confined to Chicago-area potato chip brands such as Jays. Now Lay's has brought the idea national.
The chips had somewhat wiggly shapes, with an orange glow generally, plus a light smattering of darker seasoning bits. Nothing green about them.
We crunched in to find a great crisp crunch, with a strong hit of dill pickle to start, then an even stronger kick of the Flamin' Hot stuff, which grew even hotter in the ensuing seconds. This and two other Lay's flavors are part of a music-related promotion, and I didn't pay much attention to the details of that, but they're calling the promotion "Turn Up the Flavor." In this case at least, Lay's certainly delivered on the name. This one might be the strongest flavor of Lay's ever.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Wow, lots of intense pickle! Couldn't really notice the Flamin' Hot aspect.
From the package: “turn up the flavor™” ... “Experience flavor and music in perfect harmony.”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (225 snacks)
- All Flamin' Hot (38 snacks)
- Potato Chips (1997 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1035 snacks)
- Pickle Chips (67 snacks)
- Dill Chips (60 snacks)
This snack was discovered at CVS Health. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- StarKist Bold Creations Microwavables Tuna Spicy Rice & Beans
- Milka Daim
- Clancy's White Cheddar Cheese Popcorn
- Non Stop Munchies Spices Treat Potato Chips
- Sara Lee For Me! Cinnamon Crumb Cake
- Cravingz Spongiez Chocolate
- Lay's Big Wave Spicy Hot Pot
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road