Lay's Flamin' Hot Dill Pickle Remix
Taste test: We've reviewed lots of hot pepper chips as well as a whole bunch of pickle-flavored ones, but ones that combine both flavors are pretty rare — and usually confined to Chicago-area potato chip brands such as Jays. Now Lay's has brought the idea national.
The chips had somewhat wiggly shapes, with an orange glow generally, plus a light smattering of darker seasoning bits. Nothing green about them.
We crunched in to find a great crisp crunch, with a strong hit of dill pickle to start, then an even stronger kick of the Flamin' Hot stuff, which grew even hotter in the ensuing seconds. This and two other Lay's flavors are part of a music-related promotion, and I didn't pay much attention to the details of that, but they're calling the promotion "Turn Up the Flavor." In this case at least, Lay's certainly delivered on the name. This one might be the strongest flavor of Lay's ever.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Wow, lots of intense pickle! Couldn't really notice the Flamin' Hot aspect.
From the package: “turn up the flavor™” ... “Experience flavor and music in perfect harmony.”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (216 snacks)
- All Flamin' Hot (37 snacks)
- Potato Chips (1984 snacks)
- Hot Chips (1006 snacks)
- Pickle Chips (67 snacks)
- Dill Chips (60 snacks)
This snack was discovered at CVS Health. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- StarKist Tuna Creations Hickory Smoked
- Stacy's Pita Thins Garlic & Herbs
- Stacy's Pita Thins Five Cheese
- Fragrance Mala Salted Egg Fish Skin
- Smartfood Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries Popcorn Mix
- Johnny Apple Treats
- Nestlé Crunch Amendoim
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road