Lay's Fiery Habanero
Taste test: These potato chips had generally flat shapes, including some folded-over chips, with bubbles and embedded inside. The surfaces had a smattering of bright orange seasoning, plus some darker seasoning bits. After enjoying the fiery habanero flavor of Doritos, we were hoping that the same level of heat and flavor would be delivered in this Lay’s version. The flames depicted on the bag had us optimistic.
We crunched in to find a light, soft crunch and some sort of tangy flavor at first, but certainly not a habanero fire level. I did notice some habanero flavor in the aftertaste, along with a growing heat, but still not the kind of heat that you would expect from habanero. Comparatively mild.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: A potato smell with some sort of spices, but not specifically habanero.
From the package: “Happiness in Every Bite.®”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (227 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2005 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1043 snacks)
- Habanero Chips (52 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Wal-Mart. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Cadina Potato Chips Crinkle Cut XO Sauce Flavor
- Today Cocoa 3 Bites
- Blekis Bléo Crème
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road