Lay's Kettle Cooked Everything Bagel with Cream Cheese
Taste test: Lay's always makes some flavors you'd never expect on a potato chip for their annual "Do Us A Flavor" contest, but Everything Bagel is even farther from my expectations than usual! Luckily, I've eaten lots of everything bagels with cream cheese, so I'm in a good position to judge whether they got this flavor right. (The other two flavors in the current promotion are Fried Green Tomato and Crispy Taco.)
I opened the bag to find very wiggly, light yellow chips that appeared to have a low density of poppy seeds on them, but the rest of the "everything" toppings seemed to be absent. That was surprising. I crunched in to find a solid crunch and a taste that didn't say "bagel" to me at all. I couldn't taste any of the "everything" seasonings, which typically include sesame seeds, poppy seeds, onion and garlic. I couldn't even taste the poppy seeds! The taste was kind of like a parmesan and garlic chip, though not quite. Not a bad taste. But where's my everything bagel?
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mostly like potato. Couldn't really smell "everything."
From the package: ” 'There's no better way to start your day than with everything bagel with cream cheese. It's become my favorite morning ritual.' — Lindsay Hoffman, Palm City, FL”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (231 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2019 snacks)
- Limited Editions (419 snacks)
- Cheese (318 snacks)
- Seeds (71 snacks)
- Onion & Garlic (23 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2017
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road