Lay's Kettle Cooked Everything Bagel with Cream Cheese
Taste test: Lay's always makes some flavors you'd never expect on a potato chip for their annual "Do Us A Flavor" contest, but Everything Bagel is even farther from my expectations than usual! Luckily, I've eaten lots of everything bagels with cream cheese, so I'm in a good position to judge whether they got this flavor right. (The other two flavors in the current promotion are Fried Green Tomato and Crispy Taco.)
I opened the bag to find very wiggly, light yellow chips that appeared to have a low density of poppy seeds on them, but the rest of the "everything" toppings seemed to be absent. That was surprising. I crunched in to find a solid crunch and a taste that didn't say "bagel" to me at all. I couldn't taste any of the "everything" seasonings, which typically include sesame seeds, poppy seeds, onion and garlic. I couldn't even taste the poppy seeds! The taste was kind of like a parmesan and garlic chip, though not quite. Not a bad taste. But where's my everything bagel?
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mostly like potato. Couldn't really smell "everything."
From the package: ” 'There's no better way to start your day than with everything bagel with cream cheese. It's become my favorite morning ritual.' — Lindsay Hoffman, Palm City, FL”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (225 snacks)
- Potato Chips (1997 snacks)
- Limited Editions (411 snacks)
- Cheese (314 snacks)
- Seeds (70 snacks)
- Onion & Garlic (22 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Target. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Rice Krispies Treats SpongeBob Limited Edition
- Taco Bell Cheddar Crisps Nacho Flavor
- Utz Pourables Mini Cheddar Cheese Balls
- 7-Select Creamy Caramel Peanut Butter Cups
- Today Donut
- Wegmans WOs Halloween Double Filled Chocolate Sandwich Crème Cookies
- Gingerbread Oreo (2020)
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road