Taste test: Durian snacks have achieved a legendary status here at Taquitos.net, because we've heard almost nothing but bad things about the taste and smell of this Asian fruit, and yet some people actually eat the stuff. Our encounter with wafers containing durian did not go well.
We opened the bag to find that the chips had a light yellow color with no visible seasoning, so they didn't look any different from plain Lay's. The initial taste, lasting perhaps a fraction of a second, was fruity and sweet, but it quickly transitioned into the same durian flavor that I suffered through on those wafers, just an awful taste. To make matters worse, that durian taste stayed around for an aftertaste, just to remind me of the mistake I made by eating these. And remember not to burp after eating durian, because when I did, even several minutes later, the durian sensation returned yet again. Ick.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Definitely smells like durian, which is to say, just awful.
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (237 snacks)
- Snacks from China (129 reviews)
- Potato Chips (2036 snacks)
- Fruit Snacks (446 snacks)
- Unusual Flavors (95 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2019
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Doritos 3D's Nacho Cheesier
We tweet every review!
- Euro Chips Classic Salted Potato Chips
- Toddy Malhado com Gotas Brancas e Pretas
- Like Home Sponge Cake
- Gopal Wafers Salty Punch
- Lay's Creme Brulee Milk Tea
- Lacta Lancy
- Ruffles Double Crunch Spicy Cheddar Jack
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road