Lay's Deli Style Potato Chips
Taste test: These potato chips had a light yellow color, with just a few slight bits of skin around the edges, and the bag had lots and lots of large, unbroken chips, including several that were downright huge.
The key question here was how these Deli Style Lay's differed from the Lay's Classic, which just happen to be America's best-selling potato chips. These were cut a bit thicker than the normal Lay's thin cut, though they still were not particularly thick as potato chips go. They seemed less salty and less flavorful than Classic on the first bite, so I had to eat a few chips to get the full effect of the potato flavor, but at that point, it was a very nice, fresh flavor. Although the chips were plenty crisp, the thicker cut made the crunch seem a less of the brittle crunch and snappy feel than Classic. The texture reminded me a lot of Utz Potato Chips. All in all, these were very good plain potato chips.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very nice potato smell. Fresh.
From the package: “The perfect sandwich potato chips” ... “Lay's® brand Deli Style Potato Chips are perfect with your favorite sandwich. Sliced hearty then cooked in all natural oil with a dash of salt to deliver delicious flavor and a crispy crunch. Happiness in Every Bite.®”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (237 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2036 snacks)
- Regular Potato Chips (255 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2012
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Doritos 3D's Nacho Cheesier
We tweet every review!
- Torku Tatkrak Baharatlı Kraker
- Royalty Ginger Nuts
- Euro Chips Classic Salted Potato Chips
- Toddy Malhado com Gotas Brancas e Pretas
- Like Home Sponge Cake
- Gopal Wafers Salty Punch
- Lay's Creme Brulee Milk Tea
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road