Lay's Deep Ridged Spicy Crab
Taste test: These potato chips from Taiwan were generally small and had very deep, wide ripples with almost sawtooth-wave shapes. The chips had a strong yellow color generally and a very light smattering of dark seasoning powder. Some of the chips had areas of dark skin on the edges.
I crunched in to find a crab-like taste initially, followed soon after by some fairly strong (and mildly hot) spices. The level of spice grew as I ate more chips (and eventually the whole bag). Pretty good.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Kind of a crab-like smell, not fishy in a bad way.
From the package: “Product of Taiwan”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (208 snacks)
- Snacks from Taiwan (86 reviews)
- Potato Chips (1959 snacks)
- Hot Chips (988 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (586 snacks)
- Seafood Chips (136 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Super 88, Boston. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Guacamole!
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Fritos Lime & Chile Corn Chips
- Takis Blue Heat
- Hostess Wintermint Ding Dongs
- Stuffed Puffs
- TGI Fridays Potato Skins Bacon Ranch
- Red Rock Deli Fire Roasted Jalapeño Kettle Style Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road