Lay's Deep Ridged Spicy Crab
Taste test: These potato chips from Taiwan were generally small and had very deep, wide ripples with almost sawtooth-wave shapes. The chips had a strong yellow color generally and a very light smattering of dark seasoning powder. Some of the chips had areas of dark skin on the edges.
I crunched in to find a crab-like taste initially, followed soon after by some fairly strong (and mildly hot) spices. The level of spice grew as I ate more chips (and eventually the whole bag). Pretty good.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Kind of a crab-like smell, not fishy in a bad way.
From the package: “Product of Taiwan”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (227 snacks)
- Snacks from Taiwan (96 reviews)
- Potato Chips (2004 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1043 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (599 snacks)
- Crab (27 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Super 88, Boston. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road