Lay's Deep Ridged Spicy Crab
Taste test: These potato chips from Taiwan were generally small and had very deep, wide ripples with almost sawtooth-wave shapes. The chips had a strong yellow color generally and a very light smattering of dark seasoning powder. Some of the chips had areas of dark skin on the edges.
I crunched in to find a crab-like taste initially, followed soon after by some fairly strong (and mildly hot) spices. The level of spice grew as I ate more chips (and eventually the whole bag). Pretty good.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Kind of a crab-like smell, not fishy in a bad way.
From the package: “Product of Taiwan”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (216 snacks)
- Snacks from Taiwan (93 reviews)
- Potato Chips (1984 snacks)
- Hot Chips (1006 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (590 snacks)
- Seafood Snacks (143 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Super 88, Boston. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- StarKist Tuna Creations Hickory Smoked
- Stacy's Pita Thins Garlic & Herbs
- Stacy's Pita Thins Five Cheese
- Fragrance Mala Salted Egg Fish Skin
- Smartfood Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries Popcorn Mix
- Johnny Apple Treats
- Nestlé Crunch Amendoim
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road