Lay's Deep Dish Pizza Flavor Inspired By Giordano's
Taste test: This flavor from the Tastes of America line wasn't the first time that Lay's did a pizza flavor — north of the border, they did a Toronto College Street Pizza flavor for the Tastes of Canada line in 2003, and in the not-really-potato-chips department, there was a Pizza-flavored Lay's Stax in 2005.
The chips had somewhat wiggly shapes with lots of bubbles embedded inside, and the surfaces had a light orange tint generally, with a very light smattering of darker seasoning bits, most of them dark green.
I crunched in to find a nice light, brittle crunch and a good tomato flavor with some herbs and spices. I wouldn't say it was a spot-on pizza taste, as it just didn't seem all that cheesy, so probably not a perfect match for the more specific Giordano's Deep Dish Pizza either. But still a nice taste.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells like a jar of Ragu.
From the package: “Inspired by the pizza recipe made famous in the Midwest, here's a taste of their iconic stuffed deep-dish pizza. Legendary cheese pull anyone?”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (216 snacks)
- Potato Chips (1984 snacks)
- Limited Editions (407 snacks)
- Pizza Chips (69 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- Fragrance Mala Salted Egg Fish Skin
- Smartfood Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries Popcorn Mix
- Johnny Apple Treats
- Nestlé Crunch Amendoim
- Walkers Stax Original
- Alexander the Grape
- StarKist Bold Creations Premium Tuna with Rice & Beans
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road