Lay's Cucumber Flavor
Taste test: Cucumber-flavored potato chips? This version from China looked to be a whole new thing for Lay's!
The potato chips looked mostly like regular Lay's, with a good yellow color, gentle curves and some bubbles embedded inside, but there was also a very light smattering of green seasoning.
We crunched in to find that cucumber-flavored potato chips taste very different than ordinary ones, as cucumber is quite different from salt or any of the various savory flavors generally used. It really did taste like cucumber! It took some getting used to, but after trying a few of them, many snackers kind of liked the taste.
But not everyone! One of our snackers didn't like the taste much at all, but not because of any dislike of cucumbers. He theorized that the green Lay's bag reminded him very much of the Sour Cream & Onion version, which these were nothing like, causing a major disconnect of subconscious expectations.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Definitely a cucumber-like smell, maybe some other spices in there too.
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (227 snacks)
- Snacks from China (123 reviews)
- Potato Chips (2004 snacks)
- Cucumber Snacks (10 snacks)
This snack was discovered at Reno Asian Supermarket. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road