Lay's Crispy Taco
Taste test: This flavor from the Lay's Do Us A Flavor promotion (competing against Fried Green Tomato and Everything Bagel with Cream Cheese) had me thinking at first, "Haven't we seen this many times before?" before realizing that it's Doritos, not Lay's, that has done 12 different taco flavors. For Lay's, this was indeed the first among 147 varieties.
The chips had somewhat wiggly shapes and a range of yellow and orange colors all over, with many small black specks of seasoning spread throughout. I crunched in to find a brittle, light crunch and a great mix of flavors that absolutely reminded me of the taste of a taco. I like my tacos with some spicy stuff to zest up the meat, plus plenty of sour cream to cool things down, and this recipe seemed to do just that. Very tasty. This one is my pick to win the Do Us A Flavor contest.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells mostly like taco powder.
From the package: “Vote for your fave!” ... “Do Us A Flavor the Pitch” ... ” 'My fiancé loves crunchy beef tacos more than anything. I actually made it for one of our first dates and after three years, I can finally say that I've mastered cooking his favorite dish!' — Ellen Sarem, San Antonio, TX”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (216 snacks)
- Potato Chips (1984 snacks)
- Limited Editions (407 snacks)
- Taco Snacks (38 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Target. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- Smartfood Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries Popcorn Mix
- Johnny Apple Treats
- Nestlé Crunch Amendoim
- Walkers Stax Original
- Alexander the Grape
- StarKist Bold Creations Premium Tuna with Rice & Beans
- Tayto Muchos Nacho Cheese
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road