Lay's Creamy Garden Ranch
Taste test: These potato chips were pale yellow with many large green specks on their surfaces, plus bits of skin of the edges of some of the chips.
The chips were generally fairly large, and when I crunched in, there was a good crispness and mild crunch. The surprising part was that although there was some ranch flavor, it was extremely mild, probably the weakest flavor of any of the recent batch of new Lay's flavors. It wasn't a bad taste by any means, but it took a bunch of chips to build up much of a ranch taste in the mouth. The other surprising part was the lingering aftertaste from some of the spices, which is not something I usually associate with ranch flavor.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild ranch smell with maybe some dill and on the creamy side.
From the package: “It all starts with farm-grown potatoes — cooked in all natural oil with a dash of salt. Then our chefs add a delicious blend of all natural herbs and seasonings for the cool and creamy taste of garden ranch dressing.”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (231 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2020 snacks)
- Ranch Chips (124 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2011
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Dominick's, across the street from Superdawg, Chicago. Review published June 2011.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road