Lay's Coffee Jelly Oolong Milk Tea
Taste test: These potato chips from China promised to taste like some sort of milk tea beverage from China, but you wouldn't know by just looking at the chips — they had a light yellow color, gently curving shapes and basically looked like Lay's Classic.
I crunched in to find a crisp feel and light crunch, with a taste that was far out of the mainstream for potato chips. There were strong hints of coffee and maybe tez, plus some other stuff, for a rather weird taste. I'm neither a coffee drinker nor a tea drinker (but I eat a lot of potato chips!) so part of that weirdness might just be me. The taste was not awful — I managed to eat a few chips — but strange enough that I don't think I'll make a habit of eating these.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells like coffee, relatively mild.
From the package: “Product of China”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (231 snacks)
- Snacks from China (129 reviews)
- Potato Chips (2016 snacks)
- Coffee Snacks (41 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2021
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road