Lay's Chipotle Ranch
Taste test: These potato chips had a dark orange glow over most of their surfaces, plus some green and red seasoning bits. The amount of seasoning varied from chip to chip, but generally there was a lot of it.
I expected a good kick of heat from the promised chipotle peppers, plus some ranch seasoning to balance it out, but when I crunched in, I didn't really notice either of those things. There was a creamy taste at first, but not particularly a ranch-like one, but I did notice a strong hint of cucumber. There was some heat in the aftertaste, so the chipotle peppers did factor in, but only after a delay. I expected something great from this flavor, and the taste delivered was something quite different and just a bit strange. Not bad, but definite not the big hit of some other recent Lay's flavors.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: A hint of hot peppers, but mostly a very creamy smell.
From the package: “It all starts with farm-grown potatoes, cooked and seasoned to perfection. Then we add the smoky spice of chipotle and the cool creaminess of ranch. So every Lay's® potato chip is perfectly crispy and delicious.”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (231 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2020 snacks)
- Ranch Chips (124 snacks)
- Chipotle Snacks (46 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2015
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published November 2015.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road