Lay's Chipotle Ranch
Taste test: These potato chips had a dark orange glow over most of their surfaces, plus some green and red seasoning bits. The amount of seasoning varied from chip to chip, but generally there was a lot of it.
I expected a good kick of heat from the promised chipotle peppers, plus some ranch seasoning to balance it out, but when I crunched in, I didn't really notice either of those things. There was a creamy taste at first, but not particularly a ranch-like one, but I did notice a strong hint of cucumber. There was some heat in the aftertaste, so the chipotle peppers did factor in, but only after a delay. I expected something great from this flavor, and the taste delivered was something quite different and just a bit strange. Not bad, but definite not the big hit of some other recent Lay's flavors.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: A hint of hot peppers, but mostly a very creamy smell.
From the package: “It all starts with farm-grown potatoes, cooked and seasoned to perfection. Then we add the smoky spice of chipotle and the cool creaminess of ranch. So every Lay's® potato chip is perfectly crispy and delicious.”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (225 snacks)
- Potato Chips (1997 snacks)
- Ranch Chips (123 snacks)
- Chipotle Snacks (45 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Terrell's Syracuse Style Potato Chips
- Godiva Signature Milk Chocolate 8 Mini Bars
- Good & Smart Potato Crisps Sour Cream & Onion
- Lipo Mini Roll Strawberry Flavor
- Rice Krispies Treats SpongeBob Limited Edition
- Taco Bell Cheddar Crisps Nacho Flavor
- Utz Pourables Mini Cheddar Cheese Balls
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road