Lay's Chesapeake Bay Crab Spice
Taste test: This wasn't the first crab-spiced chip that we've seen from Lay's, as we reviewed one 11 years ago labeled as Crab Spice (with no mention of the Chesapeake) and another one from Russia that did away with most of the spices and focused on the crab.
The chips had somewhat wiggly shapes and a light orange glow overall, with a fairly sparse coating of dark seasoning bits. We crunched in to find a nice light crunch with good crispness, with a taste of Old Bay-like spices that was milder than the other similarly flavored chips. The level of flavor was plenty to get a taste of Old Bay without being overwhelming, and the mix of the potato and Old Bay flavors was quite nice.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Similar to Old Bay, but pretty mild as these things go.
From the package: “It all starts with farm-grown potatoes, cooked and seasoned to perfection. Each chip is perfectly seasoned with crab spices inspired by the Chesapeake Bay. Happiness in Every Bite.™”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (227 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2003 snacks)
- Crab (27 snacks)
- Old Bay seasoned chips (12 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
- Frooze Balls Peanut Butter & Jelly
- 7-Select Strawberry Jelly Peanut Butter Cups
- Bumble Bee Seafoods Wild Caught Tuna Roasted Garlic & Herb
- Lil' Dutch Maid Iced Oatmeal Cookies
- Monet Vegetable Entertainer Crackers
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road