Lay's Cheddar Jalapeño
Taste test: When we first spotted these in a supermarket display box proclaiming "New!" we assumed that the Lay's folks had a shorter institutional memory than Taquitos.net. But we later realized that the flavor that we reviewed back in 2007 was Jalapeño Cheddar, not Cheddar Jalapeño, so we'll go along and count this as a new flavor.
We opened the bag to find that the chips had gently curving shapes with some bubbles and bumps, a strong mix of yellow and orange colors on the surfaces, plus many large green bits scattered throughout. We crunched in to find a nice crispy feel and a strong kick of cheddar, hot peppers and other spices. It was a good mix of tastes that built up to a moderate heat, probably a notch hotter than the 2007 ones. Not a huge standout as flavors go, but still pretty tasty.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very strong tangy cheddar smell, not specifically like jalapeno, but the spices really helped to bring out the cheese.
From the package: “Cheesy • Spicy • Crispy” ... “Contains milk ingredients.” ... “Serving size About 17 chips (28g)” ... “No artificial flavors”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (227 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2004 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1043 snacks)
- Cheddar Snacks (421 snacks)
- Jalapeno Chips (241 snacks)
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road