Lay's Cheddar Jalapeño
Taste test: When we first spotted these in a supermarket display box proclaiming "New!" we assumed that the Lay's folks had a shorter institutional memory than Taquitos.net. But we later realized that the flavor that we reviewed back in 2007 was Jalapeño Cheddar, not Cheddar Jalapeño, so we'll go along and count this as a new flavor.
We opened the bag to find that the chips had gently curving shapes with some bubbles and bumps, a strong mix of yellow and orange colors on the surfaces, plus many large green bits scattered throughout. We crunched in to find a nice crispy feel and a strong kick of cheddar, hot peppers and other spices. It was a good mix of tastes that built up to a moderate heat, probably a notch hotter than the 2007 ones. Not a huge standout as flavors go, but still pretty tasty.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very strong tangy cheddar smell, not specifically like jalapeno, but the spices really helped to bring out the cheese.
From the package: “Cheesy • Spicy • Crispy” ... “Contains milk ingredients.” ... “Serving size About 17 chips (28g)” ... “No artificial flavors”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (218 snacks)
- Potato Chips (1987 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1019 snacks)
- Cheddar Snacks (417 snacks)
- Jalapeno Chips (238 snacks)
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Walkers Stax Sour Cream & Onion
- Toppo Cheese Tart
- Elite PesekZman Big Bite
- Late July Organic Sea Salt Thin & Crispy Restaurant Style Tortilla Chips
- Shirakiku Cinema Popcorn Hot Spicy
- Lay's White Rabbit Rich Toffee
- Lay's Oyster Vermicelli
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road