Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
Taste test: These potato chips (which are joined in the Flavor Icons line by Chile Relleno, New York Pizza, Philly Cheesesteak and Nashville Hot Chicken) had a flavor based on California Mexican restaurant chain El Torito's recipe. The chips had wide ripples and a strong yellow color, plus lots of large seasoning bits on the surfaces. I'm a big taco fan, though I've never eaten at El Torito, so I was eager to try them.
I crunched in to find a lot of fairly intense seasoning, spicy though not hot, quite a nice taste that probably isn't inconsistent with a carnitas taco. But even as a frequent eater of many tacos with various meats inside, including carnitas, I don't think I could have pinpointed this as a taco flavor, and definitely not a carnitas taco flavor, without the help of the bag. Tasty!
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very intense on first whiff, then more like some sort of charred meat.
From the package: “Inspired by the dish from El Torito that has everyone in Los Angeles talking, here's a taste of their Carnitas street tacos.”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (216 snacks)
- Potato Chips (1984 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (590 snacks)
- Limited Editions (407 snacks)
- Meat Flavored Chips (115 snacks)
- Taco Snacks (38 snacks)
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- Fritos Lime & Chile Corn Chips
- StarKist Tuna Creations Hickory Smoked
- Stacy's Pita Thins Garlic & Herbs
- Stacy's Pita Thins Five Cheese
- Fragrance Mala Salted Egg Fish Skin
- Smartfood Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries Popcorn Mix
- Johnny Apple Treats
- Nestlé Crunch Amendoim
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road