Lay's Brazilian Picanha
Taste test: This was one of four international Lay's flavors released under the "Passport to Flavor" sub-brand. Intended to emulate the taste of a Brazilian steak, the chips had a light yellow color and curvy shapes with some bubbles embedded side, plus lots of green seasoning bits on the surfaces.
I crunched in to find a very nice texture — very crisp with a light, brittle crunch. Even better than that light feel was the strong taste. The chips were loaded with a very tasty mix of spices that seemed to be a good match for steak with chimichurri sauce. Really quite good!
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Strong, tangy chimichurri smell. Really nice!
From the package: “Steak & chimichurri sauce” ... “Picanha, the finest cut of Brazilian steak, is skewer-grilled with coarse salt to lock in flavor. Mix in the bright flavors of chimichurri sauce & you'll be saying 'Mais, favor!' ”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (237 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2036 snacks)
- Meat Flavored Chips (111 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2016
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Doritos 3D's Nacho Cheesier
We tweet every review!
- Euro Chips Classic Salted Potato Chips
- Toddy Malhado com Gotas Brancas e Pretas
- Like Home Sponge Cake
- Gopal Wafers Salty Punch
- Lay's Creme Brulee Milk Tea
- Lacta Lancy
- Ruffles Double Crunch Spicy Cheddar Jack
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road