Lay's Brazilian Picanha
Taste test: This was one of four international Lay's flavors released under the "Passport to Flavor" sub-brand. Intended to emulate the taste of a Brazilian steak, the chips had a light yellow color and curvy shapes with some bubbles embedded side, plus lots of green seasoning bits on the surfaces.
I crunched in to find a very nice texture — very crisp with a light, brittle crunch. Even better than that light feel was the strong taste. The chips were loaded with a very tasty mix of spices that seemed to be a good match for steak with chimichurri sauce. Really quite good!
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Strong, tangy chimichurri smell. Really nice!
From the package: “Steak & chimichurri sauce” ... “Picanha, the finest cut of Brazilian steak, is skewer-grilled with coarse salt to lock in flavor. Mix in the bright flavors of chimichurri sauce & you'll be saying 'Mais, favor!' ”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Walgreen's. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Cannoli Chips Powdered Sugar
- 7 Select Loco Rollers Habanero + Lime
- Yum Earth Organic Gummy Fruits
- Lay's Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- Wanted Pops Wafer
- Churros Cacau do Brasil
- Bumble Bee Seafoods Wild Caught Tuna Lemon & Pepper
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road