Lay's Big Wave Spicy Hot Pot
Taste test: These potato chips (not to be confused with other Lay's Numb & Spicy Hot Pot or Namtok Hotpot flavors) had wide, deep, angular ripples and yellow surfaces with an orange glow, plus a smattering of dark seasoning bits of various sizes and colors.
I crunched in to find a strong crunch and a tangy flavor initially, transitioning soon after into a hot and tangy one. It got middling hot but never super hot, though the heat that there was did linger for a while in the aftertaste. The flavor was a bit out of the ordinary as spicy chips go, with maybe some Sichuan pepper in the mix, but it was not nearly as shocking in the regard as the Numb & Spicy Hot Pot.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Something peppery, similar to Sichuan peppers, but pretty mild.
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (231 snacks)
- Snacks from China (129 reviews)
- Potato Chips (2019 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1063 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (606 snacks)
- Chili Chips (233 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2020
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road