Lay's Big Wave Salted Egg Yolk Shrimp
Taste test: These potato chips from China had wide, angular ripples and a light yellow color, with any seasoning powder being light enough that it was hard to see against the surfaces. Shrimp and egg sounded like an odd combination, though I did used to like IKEA's open-faced Shrimp & Egg sandwich, before they discontinued it.
I crunched in to find a good crisp crunch, and the taste was way more shrimp than egg. I'm figuring that there was indeed egg in there, but the shrimp flavor was so dominant in comparison that I couldn't really notice it. Far from my favorite chips ever, but not bad.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells like egg, couldn't really notice the shrimp.
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (227 snacks)
- Snacks from China (129 reviews)
- Potato Chips (2004 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (599 snacks)
- Shrimp/Prawn (44 snacks)
- Egg Snacks (13 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Super 88, Boston. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Blekis Bléo Crème
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road