Lay's Beer 'n Brats
Taste test: Most years recently, Lay's has done a "Do Us A Flavor" promotion in which chip fans submit flavor ideas, then Lay's picks some, formulates flavors to match and sells them for a limited time, and finally chip fans get to vote on which one to keep as a permanent flavor. They seem to be doing things a bit differently this year. Despite the appearance of the words "Do Us A Flavor" on the bag, this apparently is not one of those flavors, but rather just a teaser flavor to entice people to submit ideas.
As for the Beer 'n Brats potato chips in the bag, they had various shades of light yellow and light orange, with curvy shapes that had some bubbles embedded inside, plus a fairly sparse amount of small seasoning bits in various dark colors. I crunched in to find a nice savory seasoning that did not scream "bratwurst" to me and didn't even whisper "beer." If it hadn't had those words on the bag, I don't think I could have possibly guessed either of them as the intended flavor. But they were good chips.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Definitely not like beer. Maybe remotely like bratwurst, a mild mix of nice spices.
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (227 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2005 snacks)
- Limited Editions (414 snacks)
- Meat Flavored Chips (112 snacks)
- Alcohol-themed Snacks (58 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Good Life Finute Corn Chips
- Cadina Potato Chips Crinkle Cut XO Sauce Flavor
- Today Cocoa 3 Bites
- Blekis Bléo Crème
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road