Lay's Classic BLT
Taste test: These potato chips had generally a golden yellow color with a slight orange glow from seasoning powder on some of the chips, plus many specks of green and some specks of red-orange.
I crunched in to find a very nice crispness, as we've seen from many of the new Lay's varieties recently, and that good texture helped to bring out the best in the tasty mix of seasonings. But the key question here was whether the seasonings tasted like a BLT sandwich, and unfortunately they did not. The taste was more like a cheddar cheese chip with maybe some tomato and a few extra spices, but not really anything resembling bacon. It's a high order to duplicate the particular magic of a BLT on a potato chip (speaking of which, has any else even attempted a lettuce-flavored chip?) and Lay's didn't quite get it right here. Still, these were tasty, enjoyable chips that would go good with a sandwich, even if they can't replace one.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: On first whiff, I though, not much like a BLT, as I couldn't sense any bacon or lettuce, though maybe a hint of tomato. But as for smelling like a BLT, on second and subsequent whiffs, I thought, maybe yeah.
From the package: “It all starts with farm-grown potatoes — Then our chefs add a delicious blend of bacon, ripe tomatoes and cool lettuce to our all natural seasonings for the classic taste of a fresh-made BLT.” ... “Ingredients: Potatoes, Vegetable Oil (Sunflower, Corn, and/or Canola Oil), BLT Seasoning (Maltodextrin [Made from Corn], Salt, Sour Cream [Cultured Cream, Skim Milk], Sugar, Tomato Powder, Natural Flavors [including Natural Bacon Type Flavor and Natural Lettuce Type Flavor], Spices, Dextrose, Whey, Medium Chain Triglycerides, Brown Sugar, and Paprika Extracts).” ... “Contains milk ingredients.”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (227 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2004 snacks)
- Bacon Flavor Snacks (138 snacks)
- Tomato Snacks (101 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Stop & Shop. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road