Late July Clásico Tortilla Chips Bacon Habanero
Taste test: Anytime we spot the word "habanero" on a bag of chips, we consider it a promise of some serious heat. That's why we picked this when we found it on the same shelf as some other flavors in Late July's Clásico's line. If there had been any doubt in out minds, the word "bacon" settled that.
We opened the bag to find tringular chips that looked roughly similar to Doritos, but with a different surface texture, smoother and with less bubbles and less seasoning. (The chips pictured on the bag had more texture on their surfaces than the actual ones inside.) We crunched in to find a decent crispness and crumbly crunch, with tasty mix of spices, corn and salt. Was there habanero heat? No. Was there habanero taste? No. How about bacon? Not all all. The aftertaste had a tiny hint of something that seemed like it was from the pork family of meat products, but it really didn't taste anything like bacon. Not a bad chip, pretty tasty, but completely disappointing as far as the promised flavor.
Shop: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Can't smell any bacon or habanero. Mostly like a salted tortilla chip.
From the package: “My family and I are obsessed with the amazingly delicious flavors served up at our favorite taco trucks, so we have them in mind as we created our newest chips. Made with organic, non-GMO stone ground corn, each flavor was inspired by the sauces and peppers that are offered on the side with every order.” ... “Vegan • Kosher” ... “Made in the USA”
Online store: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Company: Late July Snacks
Categories for this snack:
- Hot Snacks (1043 snacks)
- Tortilla Chips (594 snacks)
- Bacon Flavor Snacks (138 snacks)
- Habanero Chips (52 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Whole Foods Market (formerly Bread & Circus). Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road