La Rioja Chifles Spicy Plantain Chips
Taste test: These chips had oval shapes, some nearly round, with a range of golden yellow colors and some dark spots toward the middle of some pieces, a typical look for plantain chips.
We crunched in to find different levels of crunch from one chips to the next, with a nice mild, very slightly salty fresh plantain taste, but as for spices — they weren't so much mild as they were nonexistent. Still, these were good plantain chips with a nice flavor. (I did notice a few minutes later a very slight aftertaste of something very barely spicy, but it was so little that I won't retract anything I've already said.)
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Some mild seasonings in addition to the plantain, but not really spicy.
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Ecuador (20 reviews)
- Hot Snacks (1061 snacks)
- Plantain Chips (43 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2020
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published April 2020.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road