Taste test: The snacks in this bag looked a lot like Crunchy Cheetos, with the same types of wiggly-shaped sticks and a light orange color (not as bright as Cheetos) with some darker orange spots.
We crunched in to find a very good crispness and light crunch, but almost immediately after that, we were stuck by a sharp kick of heat. We didn't expect any heat, so it was kind of startling, and it was really pretty hot. This was supposed to be a chicken-flavored snack, and there did seem to be something resembling a chicken soup type of taste below all of those hot peppers, but we had to think about chicken to even notice, as the heat was way more dominant. A very nice taste, especially if you like hot stuff. We shared these with quite a few folks as they enjoyed some beers, and there with many thumbs-ups, with just a few detractors.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Kind of remotely like chicken soup, but with some other spices.
From the package: “The perfect combo for chai-time masti with the entire family. Now in an all new pack.” ... “Ingredients: Rice Meal, Edible Oil, Corn Meal, Gram Meal, Spices & Condiments and Salt.”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Kurkure (10 snacks)
- Snacks from Nepal (2 reviews)
- Hot Snacks (1043 snacks)
- Non-cheese Puffs (128 snacks)
- Chicken Snacks (85 snacks)
Trivia: This was the first-ever snack from Nepal that we reviewed.
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Al-Razaq Grocery & Halal Meat, Worcester, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road