Kraken Smoked Barbecue Flavor
Taste test: These potato chips had wide, deep, angular ripples, with a golden yellow color overall, plus a very light smattering of darker seasoning bits. What that had to do with the hammerhead shark and battery pictured on the bag, we have no idea, but it was one of the more entertaining bag designs we've seen.
We crunched in to find that the chips were fairly thick and had a soft crunch, with a great mix of potato and mild barbecue seasoning, smoky enough to be really tasty. The flavor was pretty mild at first, but it stuck around for an aftertaste too, with just a hint of heat there. Very good!
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice smoky barbecue smell.
From the package: “Product of China”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from China (118 reviews)
- Potato Chips (1987 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (590 snacks)
- Barbecue Snacks (481 snacks)
This snack was discovered at Super 88, Boston. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Señorial Bolitas Queso
- Trolli Sour Brite Llamas
- Cheetos Flavor Shots Cheddar Jalapeño Asteroids
- Pocky Choco Mint
- Bronoir Brownie Chocolate Chip Cookie
- StarKist Creations Microwavables Tuna Latin Citrus
- Elite Caramel
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road