Kiwa Native Andean Potato Chips
Taste test: These potato chips had a very distinctive look, all of them being two-toned, with very high contrast between the colors. Some were a mix of beige and purple, while others alternated between beige and black.
I crunched in to find that both kinds a had a light, brittle crunch and a great rich potato flavor that was somewhat like russet chips, but the mouth feel was far moister than is typical of russet. I couldn't notice any major difference in taste between the two kinds, and both were really excellent.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very nice potato smell, like russet chips.
From the package: “Made from fresh native potatoes from the Andes” ... “The Taste of South America” ... “Product of Ecuador.” ... “Ingredients: Native Andean Potatoes (Black Heart & Red Heart), Non-Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Salt.” ... “We passionately search out unique varieties of sustainably farmed potatoes in the fertile South American growing regions of Ecuador.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Company: AKD, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Ecuador (20 reviews)
- Potato Chips (2018 snacks)
- Regular Potato Chips (253 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2018
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
- Marilan Tartelette Lime
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road