Taste test: The snacks in this bag were sort of bowl-shaped, with shiny surfaces that included an irregular thin spiral stripe. Each piece measured a bit over an inch across. The surfaces had a shiny glaze, and most pieces had some sesame seeds attached. The actual colors were a bit of a mismatch to the picture on the bag, as the overall surface was light brown, not orange, and the stripes were darker brown, not purple.
We crunched in to find a very nice taste. The main ingredient was wheat, but the ingredients revealed lots of other stuff in there too, including coconut and peanut, and somehow the combination really worked well. The shiny glaze added some sugar sweetness too. This was one of those snacks where we had no idea what to expect until we tried it, but these quickly gained many fans among our snacking panel.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice, slightly sweet smell, kind of like an egg roll.
From the package: “Gogumi Nutty Crispy Snack” ... “Ingredients: Wheat Flour, Sugar, Palm Oil, Corn Oil, Starch Syrup, Peanut Cream (Peanut), CM, Salt, Sesame Margarine (Soy), Baking Powder, Seasoning Salt, Bicarbonate Ammonium, Creamed Coconut, Yeast, Cocoa Powder ”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Korea (143 reviews)
- Sesame Snacks (82 snacks)
- Wheat Snacks (70 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2014
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road