Kettle Chips Sweet Onion
Taste test: These potato chips had generally the same look and texture that we've come to expect from Kettle Chips, with a variety of shapes, some wiggly chips and some folder over, as well as some intact chips that were narrow and long.
The onion flavoring was very sweet and reminded me of the taste of Funyuns. The folks at Kettle weren't shy about applying flavoring to the chips, as there was lots of it. The flavoring was sufficiently strong that it easily overwhelmed the potato flavor. The chips were good, but I wouldn't say they were outstanding, as the onion flavor just wasn't that interesting. I know it's odd to say that a "sweet onion" flavor was too sweet, but I think a little less sweetness might have made these even better. I just wasn't expecting a Funyuns sort of taste from Kettle Chips.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good potato smell with lots of sweet onion mixed in.
From the package: “These Sweet Onion chips have big flavor, bold crunch and absolutely nothing artificial. They taste so great because they're made from only the most natural, real food ingredients, finest potatoes, best oils and hand-crafted cooking methods. And they're backed by a commitment to sustainability like wind powder, solar power, green building and biodiesel.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Kettle Chips (86 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2036 snacks)
- Onion Snacks (115 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2009
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published March 2009.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Doritos 3D's Nacho Cheesier
We tweet every review!
- Cadbury 5 Star 3D
- Corn Nuts Crunch Mix Fiery Hot
- Torku Tatkrak Baharatlı Kraker
- Royalty Ginger Nuts
- Euro Chips Classic Salted Potato Chips
- Toddy Malhado com Gotas Brancas e Pretas
- Like Home Sponge Cake
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road