Kettle Baked Potato Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
Taste test: After being very disappointed by the Lightly Salted version of Kettle's new line of low fat potato potato chips, I wasn't optimistic about this salt and vinegar version being good. When I opened the bag, they looked like potato chips, with skin around the edges and a somewhat wiggly shape, though far less wiggly than regular (non-baked) Kettle Chips. There was some color variation within each chip, with some browning of the generally yellow chips, but not as much color variation as the non-baked ones.
I crunched in to find a fairly bland vinegar taste, sort of chemical-like, to go along with an incredibly bland texture. There's a special something about potato chips that makes everyone want to eat them, and it would be seem that by baking these and taking out all of that fat, they've managed to remove that special something. The taste was bland, and the texture was even blander, like a really boring cracker. Vinegar mixes really well with a good potato flavor, but they've taken away the real potato flavor, leaving these with just an odd vinegar taste. There was nothing really offensive about the flavor or texture, but there was absolutely nothing appealing either. Even something fairly lame like Baked Lay's (which, unlike these, isn't really a potato chip) is far, far superior to the Kettle Baked Potato Chips.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Seemed like a mild vinegar smell at first, but then it was like punching me in my sinuses.
From the package: “65% less fat than regular potato chips” ... “made from real sliced potatoes” ... “These Sea Salt & Vinegar baked chips have big flavor, bold crunch and absolutely nothing artificial. They taste so great because they're made from real sliced potatoes, the best oils and only the most natural, real food ingredients.” ... “Snackback Guarantee”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Kettle Chips (83 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2004 snacks)
- Sea Salt Chips (232 snacks)
- Vinegar Chips (167 snacks)
- Lowfat Chips (62 snacks)
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
- Frooze Balls Peanut Butter & Jelly
- 7-Select Strawberry Jelly Peanut Butter Cups
- Bumble Bee Seafoods Wild Caught Tuna Roasted Garlic & Herb
- Lil' Dutch Maid Iced Oatmeal Cookies
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road