Kettle Baked Potato Chips Lightly Salted
Taste test: These potato chips were shaped less irregularly than the standard (non-baked) Kettle Chips, with not much wiggle in the chips and no folded-over chips.
But they still looked more interesting than conventional potato chips, with different shades of yellow and brown in some of the chips, some bubbles embedded inside and skin around the edges of each chip. When I bit in, there was a good crispness, but it was accompanied by a bland crunch and an equally bland taste. The crunch sort of reminded me of a Japanese rice cracker. The experience wasn't repulsively bad, but there was just nothing about it that felt or tasted like I was eating a potato chip. There was some potato taste, but no potato chip appeal. It was like they took a potato chip and sucked the life out of it.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Definitely different from the regular Kettle Chips. Sort of a potatoey smell, not bad, but nothing like the great baked potato smell of Kettle Chips. Ironic, since these are "baked" potato chips.
From the package: “These Lightly Salted baked chips have big flavor, bold crunch and absolutely nothing artificial. They taste so great because they're made from real sliced potatoes, the best oils and only the most natural, real food ingredients.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Kettle Chips (83 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2004 snacks)
- Lowfat Chips (62 snacks)
- No salt/low salt chips (42 snacks)
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
- Frooze Balls Peanut Butter & Jelly
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road