Kettle Baked Potato Chips Lightly Salted
Taste test: These potato chips were shaped less irregularly than the standard (non-baked) Kettle Chips, with not much wiggle in the chips and no folded-over chips.
But they still looked more interesting than conventional potato chips, with different shades of yellow and brown in some of the chips, some bubbles embedded inside and skin around the edges of each chip. When I bit in, there was a good crispness, but it was accompanied by a bland crunch and an equally bland taste. The crunch sort of reminded me of a Japanese rice cracker. The experience wasn't repulsively bad, but there was just nothing about it that felt or tasted like I was eating a potato chip. There was some potato taste, but no potato chip appeal. It was like they took a potato chip and sucked the life out of it.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Definitely different from the regular Kettle Chips. Sort of a potatoey smell, not bad, but nothing like the great baked potato smell of Kettle Chips. Ironic, since these are "baked" potato chips.
From the package: “These Lightly Salted baked chips have big flavor, bold crunch and absolutely nothing artificial. They taste so great because they're made from real sliced potatoes, the best oils and only the most natural, real food ingredients.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Kettle Chips (84 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2020 snacks)
- Lowfat Chips (62 snacks)
- No salt/low salt chips (42 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2009
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published February 2009.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road