Kettle Baked Potato Chips Hickory Honey Barbeque
Taste test: These potato chips were very crunchy when I bit in, and on first bite I was briefly convinced that they were quite a bit better than the other varieties of Kettle Baked Potato Chips (which were all really bland and not potato chip-like).
After the first bite, I still thought that these were better than the other flavors, but I would not go so far as to say that these were good. They still had a really flat texture that was just unappealing. It was kind of like the stiff texture of yucca chips, only even stiffer in this case, but still very crunchy, though not in an appealing way. The barbecue seasoning was fairly tasty, and it did help to make the first bite tolerable. Some of our tasters liked these enough to keep coming back to the bag for more, but the chips still had a fundamental texture problem. When comparing these baked chips with normal potato chips, there is no comparison, as the the results of the baking process clearly were inferior to the frying process.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very mild, just a slight barbecue-like seasoning.
From the package: “made from REAL sliced potatoes” .. “65% less fan than regular potato chips” ... “Snack with confidence!™ About 20 chips per serving! • 120 calories • 3 grams of fat • 2 grams of fiber”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Kettle Chips (83 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2004 snacks)
- Barbecue Snacks (482 snacks)
- Lowfat Chips (62 snacks)
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Blekis Bléo Crème
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road