Kettle Bakes Hickory Honey Barbeque Potato Chips
Taste test: It was almost impossible to open this bag, but once I got it open, I found small, baked potato chips with a flat shape, unlike the curves of chips cooked in oil.
The barbecue powder was unevenly distributed — some chips had a lot of it, others very little. The ones with a lot of powder were tasty — a bit of a spicy kick in the aftertaste, and not too sweet in terms of the barbecue taste. The baked nature of the chip made them crunchy, which was nice. There was also a very russet-like aftertaste these chips, as if you had just eaten the skin of a potato, not bad if you like that kind of taste (I don't). Overall, a decent snack if you're into baked chips, but not the best barbecue chip we've ever had.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells like a bag of potatoes — no smell of honey, hickory or barbecue.
From the package: “The Rice Cakes are Jealous. Ah, the magic of barbeque! That alchemy of sweetness and spice, savory and smoke. A pinch of paprika is the spark, spicy chili peppers the boom, then a touch of natural honey brings all the elements into balance. We think conjuring up this distinctive barbeque flavor for our crunchy Kettle brand Bakes made from fresh-sliced Russets (notice the skins!) may have been our best trick yet.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Kettle Chips (83 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2004 snacks)
- Barbecue Snacks (482 snacks)
- Honey Snacks (154 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Keith at Whole Foods Market (formerly Bread & Circus). Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road