Kettle Potato Chips Maple Bacon
Taste test: This flavor of potato chips from Kettle was highly anticipated by our bacon-loving snackers, who would all be thrilled to dip their precious bacon into some maple syrup. We've reviewed quite a few bacon snacks and a handful of maple snacks, but aside from a granola mix, there haven't been many snacks offering those two particular flavors together. The chips had wiggly shapes with some bubbles embedded inside, plus some skin around the edges, with just a bit of seasoning powder and a golden yellow overall color.
We crunched in to find a soft, crisp crunch and a fairly sweet flavor with middling hints of both bacon and maple syrup. We expected to be tasting more maple and more bacon, but the mix of tastes even at this level was really quite nice. Most of our snackers liked these, but some could barely taste any maple or bacon at all, and just about everyone was expecting way more of both flavors. Good chips, but pretty disappointing from the Maple Bacon point of view.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Sweet bacon smell. Very nice!
From the package: “These Maple Bacon chips have bold flavor and hearty crunch. They taste so great because they're made from all natural, real food ingredients, the finest potatoes, natural oils and craft cooking methods.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Kettle Chips (83 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2018 snacks)
- Bacon Flavor Snacks (140 snacks)
- Maple Snacks (33 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2014
This snack was discovered by Jeremy. Review published February 2014.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
- Marilan Tartelette Lime
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road