Kettle Chips Sriracha
Taste test: These potato chips were generally smallish, with wiggly shapes featuring many bubbles of all sort of sizes embedded inside, with a dark orange glow overall plus a sparse coating of fairly large, very dark bits of seasoning powder.
We crunched in to find a solid crunch and a good crispness, with a very tasty but mild hot sauce flavor to start — a great mix of spices and potato. The more serious heat arrived in the aftertaste, a nice tasty burn, not super-hot but pretty hot. Even after a cold, citrusy beverage that I like to call lemonade, a mild heat lingered in the post-aftertaste as well. Although the spices were tasty, the flavor didn't remind me that much of the beloved Sriracha sauce. For that, your best bet might be to just get regular chips and dip them in some sauce. The Lay's Sriracha chips weren't as hot but came closer to the Sriracha flavor than these did.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good Sriracha smell. Milder than the sauce, but really quite nice anyway.
From the package: “These Sriracha chips have bold flavor and hearty crunch.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Kettle Chips (83 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2005 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1043 snacks)
- Sriracha Snacks (32 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Cadina Potato Chips Crinkle Cut XO Sauce Flavor
- Today Cocoa 3 Bites
- Blekis Bléo Crème
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road