Kettle Chips Cooked in 100% Avocado Oil Himalayan Salt
Taste test: These potato chips broke from the usual (and very successful) Kettle Chips formula by switching to avocado oil (which we've seen in a few chips, but not a lot) and using Himalayan salt (also relatively rare in snacks, but definitely on a rapid rise in recent years). We found them on a shelf alongside a BBQ flavor also cooked in avocado oil.
The chips had a nice golden yellow color, with lots of wiggly and folded-over shapes. I crunched in to find a very nice, fairly solid crunch, plus lots of great potato flavor. I couldn't taste anything resembling avocado, nor did I notice a difference between Himalayan salt and the usual salt, but they were good chips.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good rich potato smell.
From the package: “Here at Kettle Brand we take great pride in the community & world we live in. In Salem, OR we re-introduced native plants to our 2 acre wetland & have watched wildlife return including a family of herons.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Kettle Chips (83 snacks)
- Potato Chips (1984 snacks)
- Regular Potato Chips (252 snacks)
- Himalayan Salt Snacks (25 snacks)
- Guacamole/Avocado-flavored chips (22 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Market Basket. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- Stacy's Pita Thins Garlic & Herbs
- Stacy's Pita Thins Five Cheese
- Fragrance Mala Salted Egg Fish Skin
- Smartfood Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries Popcorn Mix
- Johnny Apple Treats
- Nestlé Crunch Amendoim
- Walkers Stax Original
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road