Kettle Chips Cooked in 100% Almond Oil Wood Smoked Sea Salt
Taste test: These potato chips introduced two new ingredients that we don't normally encounter, namely Almond Oil and Wood Smoked Sea Salt. (We've seen plenty of Sea Salt snacks, but the "Wood Smoked" is brand new.) We opened the bag to find that the chips look mostly like other Kettle Chips, with wiggly, bumpy surfaces with lots of bubbles embedded inside. Many of the chips had no visible seasoning powder at all, while others had just the lightest smattering of smallish black bits.
We crunched in to find a good crunch (louder on some pieces than others) and a strong, salty potato flavor with just the mildest of spices. Nothing tasted all that smoky or garlicy, but the spices did help to bring out a good potato taste. Good chips.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Maybe slightly smoky.
From the package: “Here at Kettle Brand we take great pride in the community & the world we live in.” ... “Ingredients: Potatoes, Almond Oil, Maltodextrin, Sea Salt, Yeast Extract, Potato Maltodextrin, Garlic Powder, Natural Hickory Smoke Flavor, Smoked Sea Salt, Onion Powder, Black Pepper, Sunflower Oil, Citric Acid, Natural Flavor.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered at Deluca's Market, Beacon Hill, Boston. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Cheetos Flavor Shots Cheddar Jalapeño Asteroids
- Pocky Choco Mint
- Bronoir Brownie Chocolate Chip Cookie
- StarKist Creations Microwavables Tuna Latin Citrus
- Elite Caramel
- Passatempo Sabor Chocolate
- StarKist Tuna Creations Ranch
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road