Karamucho Hot Chili with Seaweed Potato Chips
Taste test: These potato chips (which also come in a non-seaweed version) had a light orange color over most of their surfaces, with various sized bits of green seasoning scattered unevenly.
We crunched in to find quite a bit of seaweed flavor — nothing subtle about it, this was packed with seaweed. If you like the taste of seaweed, you might be in heaven, but even as someone who doesn't particularly like it, I found this wasn't too bad. During the first few bites, I couldn't notice anything in the way of hot chili, but it did arrive in earnest in the aftertaste, and it kept growing hotter as I ate more chips. Not super-hot, but pretty hot.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mildly seaweed-like, but not in a bad way. Couldn't notice any hot peppers.
From the package: “Koikeya The Pioneer of Potato Chips in Japan” ... ” 'Karamucho is Spicy & Tasty potato chips with chili powder and other various spices.” ... “Made in Taiwan” ... ” 'Ultimate Spicy Potato Chips' from Japan” ... “Karamucho was born in Japan in 1984. After many years of development and study, Karamucho is favored by many people nowadays, as the 'Original Spicy potato chips'. Karamucho is the No. 1 popular selling brand in the spicy snack category in Japan.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Taiwan (96 reviews)
- Potato Chips (2004 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1043 snacks)
- Chili Chips (226 snacks)
- Seaweed Snacks (18 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Ebisuya Japanese Market, Medford, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road