Karamucho Hot Chili with Seaweed Potato Chips
Taste test: These potato chips (which also come in a non-seaweed version) had a light orange color over most of their surfaces, with various sized bits of green seasoning scattered unevenly.
We crunched in to find quite a bit of seaweed flavor — nothing subtle about it, this was packed with seaweed. If you like the taste of seaweed, you might be in heaven, but even as someone who doesn't particularly like it, I found this wasn't too bad. During the first few bites, I couldn't notice anything in the way of hot chili, but it did arrive in earnest in the aftertaste, and it kept growing hotter as I ate more chips. Not super-hot, but pretty hot.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mildly seaweed-like, but not in a bad way. Couldn't notice any hot peppers.
From the package: “Koikeya The Pioneer of Potato Chips in Japan” ... ” 'Karamucho is Spicy & Tasty potato chips with chili powder and other various spices.” ... “Made in Taiwan” ... ” 'Ultimate Spicy Potato Chips' from Japan” ... “Karamucho was born in Japan in 1984. After many years of development and study, Karamucho is favored by many people nowadays, as the 'Original Spicy potato chips'. Karamucho is the No. 1 popular selling brand in the spicy snack category in Japan.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Taiwan (94 reviews)
- Potato Chips (1987 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1020 snacks)
- Chili Chips (223 snacks)
- Seaweed Snacks (18 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Ebisuya Japanese Market, Medford, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Churros Cacau do Brasil
- Bumble Bee Seafoods Wild Caught Tuna Lemon & Pepper
- Señorial Bolitas Queso
- Trolli Sour Brite Llamas
- Cheetos Flavor Shots Cheddar Jalapeño Asteroids
- Pocky Choco Mint
- Bronoir Brownie Chocolate Chip Cookie
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road