Karamucho Hot Chili Potato Sticks
Taste test: This small bag contained golden yellow potato sticks in various lengths, but generally fairly long, without much seasoning visible, and with potato skin at the ends of some sticks. They appeared to be the potato sticks version of the Karamucho potato chips.
I poured a bunch of sticks into a bowl and ate some off a spoon. I crunched in to find a fairly solid, crisp crunch, with tangy taste at first that was stronger than the potato taste, but not entirely overwhelming. Soon after that, the heat really kicked in, a middling burn that was quite tasty. Very good!
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Kind of a spicy chili flavor.
From the package: “Japan's No. 1* spicy snack brand” ... “*Source: INTAGE SRI data Japan snack category spicy flavor 2011-2013 Jan. to Dec. annual sales.”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Taiwan (96 reviews)
- Hot Snacks (1043 snacks)
- Chili Chips (226 snacks)
- Potato Sticks (74 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at H Mart, Cambridge/Burlington, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road