Kado Tamanegi San Taro Corn Puff Onion
Taste test: This snack bag had one of the more adorable mascot illustrations we've seen, depicting what appeared to be father-and-son onions, with the son sitting on a shovel held by the dad, and everyone smiling. It probably doesn't make any sense at all, but it was cute. The bag contained some large golden yellow snacks with shapes sort of like tater tots.
We crunched in to find a soft but crisp texture, sort of cheese puff-like, but instead of cheese, there was a mildly tangy flavor, with onion and some other spices. If not for the onions illustrated on the bag and in the ingredients list, we might not have guessed that that the flavor was supposed to be onion, but regardless, it was tasty. Our snackers were fans, munching through many of these at a bar ... until we were told that no outside food was allowed, at which point people grabbed a few more pieces before we hid the bag away.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Sweet, tangy and mildly oniony. Nice.
From the package: “Ingredients: Corn, Vegetable Oil, Onion Powder, Sugar, Spices, Seasoning.” ... “Product of Japan”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Japan (170 reviews)
- Non-cheese Puffs (128 snacks)
- Onion Snacks (112 snacks)
- Taro Snacks (20 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Ebisuya Japanese Market, Medford, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road