Juanita's Tortilla Chips
Taste test: These tortilla chips came in a plastic bag with a twist-tie, an unusual sort of packaging for tortilla chips, and the chips were quite good. The chips were wiggly and irregular in shape, good for scooping up dip. There were some bubbles embedded in the dough of the chips.
The flavor of the chips alone was fairly mild though still tasty, but they had a great texture and worked great for dipping. They had a texture similar to the fresh tortilla chips served hot in restaurants, with lots of crunch and good crispness, except these didn't have any of the greasiness that restaurants chips have.
Shop: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells like a tortilla but not like tortilla chips.
From the package: “To make a great tasting tortilla chip, you first need to know how to make a great tortilla. For over 50 years our mother has prepared fine, authentic Mexican meals insisting on only the finest ingredients. And for over 26 years our family has brought to the public the same dedication to quality with the brand named after her .... Juanita's.”
Online store: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Company: Dominguez Family Enterprises
Categories for this snack:
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published June 2007.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road