Jonathan Crisp Jalapeno Pepper Crisps for Snobs
Taste test: These potato chips were dark in color, with a brownish orange color and darker skin visible around the edges.
The generally smallish chips had the characteristic wiggle and irregular shapes of kettle-cooked chips, with most of the chips folded over. I bit in to find a very nice potato taste and a mild jalapeno heat. It didn't seem at first that the heat was enough that I would need a beverage. My initial reaction to the slight burn of the aftertaste was that it tasted great and felt good. But a minute or so after I finished eating a handful of chips, the heat did catch up with me, and I went for a beverage to cool things down. It wasn't in the league of the hottest jalapeno chips, but it was a good step above the jalapeno pretenders that claim heat but really have little or none. Jonathan packed a lot of chips into this small bag, including a whole bunch of small, folded-over ones near the bottom, and impressively, very few chips were broken.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice potato smell, like a baked potato, but with just the slightest hint of jalapeno pepper.
From the package: “Scrumptious, and by jove, frightfully delicious. These crisps are hot under the collar about taste, spirited about flavour and possess a singular charm that, once encountered, isn't easily forgotten.” .... “Vegetarian Society approved” ... “Say no to GMO” ... “Vote gluten free” ... “Natural ingredients only!”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from the UK (328 reviews)
- Potato Chips (2004 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1043 snacks)
- Jalapeno Chips (241 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy in London. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road