Off Road Joe Chips Classic Kettle Cooked with Sea Salt
Taste test: These potato chips had wiggly shapes and generally a nice golden yellow color, with some bubbles embedded inside and lots of skin and some other dark spots around the edges.
I crunched in to find a very solid crunch, with a crispness level that varied from nicely crisp to not-quite-crisp. The taste was kind like raw potato at first, as the salt level was fairly low, but I did notice a richer potato flavor in the aftertaste. Pretty good.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Strong oily potato smell. typical of kettle-cooked chips.
From the package: “Joe Tea® getting into the potato business is far less crazy than it sounds … You see, my whole family – Grandfather, Grand-Uncles and Father – were all potato man. I wanted to be different and went into the Tea business. Then one day a potato chip guy called and said 'I want to buy your Tea Company and sell Joe Tea with my chips.' I thought to myself- “That's a great idea!' But, instead of selling out we said 'Heat up the Kettles because Off-Road Joe Chips® are cookin'!”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Company: Joe Tea
Categories for this snack:
- Potato Chips (2036 snacks)
- Regular Potato Chips (255 snacks)
- Sea Salt Chips (236 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2015
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Doritos 3D's Nacho Cheesier
We tweet every review!
- Cadbury 5 Star 3D
- Corn Nuts Crunch Mix Fiery Hot
- Torku Tatkrak Baharatlı Kraker
- Royalty Ginger Nuts
- Euro Chips Classic Salted Potato Chips
- Toddy Malhado com Gotas Brancas e Pretas
- Like Home Sponge Cake
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road