Off Road Joe Chips Classic Kettle Cooked with Sea Salt
Taste test: These potato chips had wiggly shapes and generally a nice golden yellow color, with some bubbles embedded inside and lots of skin and some other dark spots around the edges.
I crunched in to find a very solid crunch, with a crispness level that varied from nicely crisp to not-quite-crisp. The taste was kind like raw potato at first, as the salt level was fairly low, but I did notice a richer potato flavor in the aftertaste. Pretty good.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Strong oily potato smell. typical of kettle-cooked chips.
From the package: “Joe Tea® getting into the potato business is far less crazy than it sounds … You see, my whole family – Grandfather, Grand-Uncles and Father – were all potato man. I wanted to be different and went into the Tea business. Then one day a potato chip guy called and said 'I want to buy your Tea Company and sell Joe Tea with my chips.' I thought to myself- “That's a great idea!' But, instead of selling out we said 'Heat up the Kettles because Off-Road Joe Chips® are cookin'!”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Company: Joe Tea
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Bee's Knees, Allston. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
- Frooze Balls Peanut Butter & Jelly
- 7-Select Strawberry Jelly Peanut Butter Cups
- Bumble Bee Seafoods Wild Caught Tuna Roasted Garlic & Herb
- Lil' Dutch Maid Iced Oatmeal Cookies
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road