Japan Cod Fish Chilli
Taste test: This bag contained thin, long strands of processed fish, with each strand stretching the full height of the bag.
After some previous seafood products that we've shared, most of our snackers were very wary of this snack and weren't even willing to try it. Of those whom we could convince to munch in, there was an "ick" factor for most, as people found the level of fishiness (in a bad way) too high. The first bite was fairly innocuous, but after that, the intense fish taste really kicked in, followed by a hot pepper that didn't really cover up the fish but sort of intensified it. As with other fish snacks we've tried, some tasters were just fine with this, but overall it was quite unpopular.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells like fish food.
From the package: “Ingredient: Cod Fish Meat, Starch, Sugar, Salt, Chilli, Papper” ... “Serving Direction : Take In Directly. Storage : Keep in Cool Dry Place, Avoid Sunlight, High Temperature & Humidity.”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Malaysia (71 reviews)
- Chili Chips (233 snacks)
- Seafood Snacks (63 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2013
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road