Jane-Jane Prepared Shredded Squid Hot
Taste test: This bag contained many shreds of squid meat in various thicknesses, lengths and shapes, with generally a beige color, plus some scattered, smallish bits of red that were presumably hot peppers.
I grabbed some strands and bit in to find an intensely fishy taste, with a nice, easily chewable texture. The taste was strong but tolerable, probably over the top if you can't stand this type of fish, but not quite as far out there as some squid snacks. As for the promised heat, there really wasn't any that we could notice.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Fairly strong fishy smell, but not too bad.
From the package: “ISO 9001 certified” ... “Wild caught” ... “Ingredients: Squid, Sugar, Salt, Lactose, Sorbitol, Vinegar, Monosodium Glutamate, Red Pepper, Sorbic Acid. Allergy Information: Contains Fish (Squid), Milk (Lactose)”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered at Cmart, Chinatown, Boston. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Fritos Lime & Chile Corn Chips
- Takis Blue Heat
- Corn Pops Jumbo Snax Caramel Crunch
- Speedy Choice Carolina Reaper Premium Cheese Curls
- Froot Loops Jumbo Snax
- Kraken Extra Hot Flavor
- Speedy Choice Fire Roasted Sweet Corn Premium Popcorn
- Goldfish Cheddar Made with Organic Wheat
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road