J. Higgs Cornies Bar-B-Q Corn Chips
Taste test: Our tasters have long debated whether Fritos-style corn chips should be seasoned with just salt or get additional flavoring.
This variety of Fritos knockoff chips went the flavored route, and our tasters liked the results. The chips fit generally into the same category as Fritos, but these were somewhat less curvy, thinner and more jagged on the edges. They were heavily seasoned with a sweet barbecue seasoning, and they were both crunchy and tasty. This store-brand, bargain-chain bag was a major value at just $1.29, making the great taste even more impressive.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very nice corn chips and barbecue smell.
From the package: “Joe Higgs is always the 'corniest' guy at the barbecue and that's not just because he's the one telling silly jokes. It's because Joe always has plenty of everyone's favorite J. Higgs® Cornies™ Bar-B-Q Corn Chips. Each chip combines a hearty texture with a savory barbecue flavor, making it the perfect snack for when hunger strikes.”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Save-a-Lot Food Stores Inc.
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Save-A-Lot Food Stores. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Blekis Bléo Crème
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road