Hwa Yuan Potato Chips Himalayan Pink Salt
Taste test: These potato chips had somewhat wiggly shapes and a light yellow color, with some occasional bits of dark skin on the edges.
I crunched in to find a surprising flavor, hard to describe but just vaguely seafood-like and quite different from the regular salted potato chip — even if it was a special kind of salt — that I was expecting. So I looked at the Ingredients to find all sorts of chemical stuff, and not even a mention of Himalayan Pink Salt. The taste was better and more potatoey after having a few chips, but all in all, I don't understand why they used all of those chemicals instead of just using what the name said they would.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Potatoey smell, OK.
From the package: “Ingredient: Potato, palm oil (Non-hydrogenated), Maltodextrin Glucose powder, Flavoring agent (Monosodium L-glutamate ` Disodium succinate ` Sodium 5'-inosinate ` Sodium 5'-guanylate ` DL-alanine ` Glycine) ` Salt powder”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Super 88, Malden. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- StarKist Tuna Creations Hickory Smoked
- Stacy's Pita Thins Garlic & Herbs
- Stacy's Pita Thins Five Cheese
- Fragrance Mala Salted Egg Fish Skin
- Smartfood Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries Popcorn Mix
- Johnny Apple Treats
- Nestlé Crunch Amendoim
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road