Hwa Yuan Potato Chips Black Pepper Steak
Taste test: These potato chips had narrow ripples and a light yellow color, with what appeared to be fine bits of crushed black pepper smattered fairly evenly throughout.
I crunched in to find a strong crunch and a flavor of middling strength that had a bit of black pepper, some other steak seasoning and maybe a bit of the meat taste, but it was all so mild that it didn't strongly remind me of eating a steak (as some other chips have). There was a bit more of the black pepper flavor in the aftertaste, but still not a whole lot. Nothing special here.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: A hint of black pepper, not strong.
From the package: “Product of Taiwan” ... “Classic Taiwanese Style Potato Chips”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Taiwan (94 reviews)
- Potato Chips (1988 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (590 snacks)
- Salt & Pepper Chips (128 snacks)
- Beef Chips (41 snacks)
This snack was discovered at Super 88, Malden. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- 7 Select Loco Rollers Habanero + Lime
- Yum Earth Organic Gummy Fruits
- Lay's Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- Wanted Pops Wafer
- Churros Cacau do Brasil
- Bumble Bee Seafoods Wild Caught Tuna Lemon & Pepper
- Señorial Bolitas Queso
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road