Hwa Yuan Potato Chips Black Pepper Steak
Taste test: These potato chips had narrow ripples and a light yellow color, with what appeared to be fine bits of crushed black pepper smattered fairly evenly throughout.
I crunched in to find a strong crunch and a flavor of middling strength that had a bit of black pepper, some other steak seasoning and maybe a bit of the meat taste, but it was all so mild that it didn't strongly remind me of eating a steak (as some other chips have). There was a bit more of the black pepper flavor in the aftertaste, but still not a whole lot. Nothing special here.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: A hint of black pepper, not strong.
From the package: “Product of Taiwan” ... “Classic Taiwanese Style Potato Chips”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Taiwan (100 reviews)
- Potato Chips (2020 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (606 snacks)
- Salt & Pepper Chips (131 snacks)
- Beef (43 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2019
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road