Hot-Headz Inferno Habanero Chili Extremely Hot
Taste test: These potato chips had very wiggly shapes and a brownish look to them, sort of like dark Russet chips, except that the much of the darkness came from a heavily applied seasoning. After reading the heat hype on the bag, we were expecting some extremely serious habanero heat.
Crunching into the first chip, there was a great crispness, nice crunch and really tasty mix of potato and seasonings — but not any heat just yet. The heat arrived in the aftertaste, as it gradually increased in intensity to a reasonably strong level, with a very nice habanero burn. The heat was indeed hotter than the Chipotle Mustard chips from Hot-Headz, but still, the warnings on the bag were a bit overblown, as we've had several chips that were quite a bit hotter, and these didn't bring anybody to tears.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Can smell the chili peppers a bit, but nothing really hot about it.
From the package: “We dare you!” ... “We have specially selected the finest spices to make these the tastiest chips available.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from the UK (329 reviews)
- Potato Chips (2005 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1043 snacks)
- Habanero Chips (52 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Whale of A Deli, Point Reyes Station, California. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Good Life Finute Corn Chips
- Cadina Potato Chips Crinkle Cut XO Sauce Flavor
- Today Cocoa 3 Bites
- Blekis Bléo Crème
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road