Honchos Peach Habanero
Taste test: These chips looked a lot like Doritos, with similar isosceles triangular shapes and surface textures. The color was generally a light yellow/orange, a bit more uniform in color than most Doritos, where the seasoning is a different color than the underlying chip, but the dark spots that are typical of non-Doritos tortilla chips were more noticeable in these than Doritos.
I crunched in to find a fairly soft crunch, without the excellent crispness that Doritos have, so definitely a different texture. The initial taste did have a hint of peach, and after that there was just the slightest hint of heat. There was a bit more heat in the aftertaste, but it was far from the expected habanero level. Nonetheless, it was a nice mix of tastes. The aftertaste stayed at a low heat level for a while and left me with a really good feeling. Chips were in good condition and hadn't appeared to settle, but the bag was filled just about halfway.
Shop: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Pretty mild, no heat or anything. Not peachy.
From the package: “Join the real ingredient revolution!™” ... “We're Honchos. Leading the charge in demanding bold flavor, and telling nonsense ingredients to take a hike. No GMOs, no gluten, nothing fake. For real. Organic whole grain tortillas and real habanero peppers team up with the taste of sweet peaches for extreme peach habanero flavor. Be a honcho.” ... “We give a chip™”
Online store: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Hot Snacks (1043 snacks)
- Tortilla Chips (594 snacks)
- Fruit Snacks (439 snacks)
- Habanero Chips (52 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Cost Plus World Market. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road